Wednesday, March 18, 2009

MILESTONES JEWELRY is up and runnning!!!

Well we had a great race expo last weekend for the Bay to Bay 5K and 15K race. The Jewelry sales went great and everyone really seemed to love our unique running and endurance bracelets, anklets and earrings. We also had inspirational book markers and key chains that were very popular. We even got a few custom orders. YEAH!!!
I have been feverishly working on my website (still no shopping on it) but it does list our upcoming races and expos that we will be selling at. This weekend we have the Armadillo 5k in Oldsmar, FL and next weekend is Max Bayne 10 mile and 5K in Ft. Desoto, FL. If you would like to see a full listing of our confirmed upcoming events go to http://www.milestonesjewelryonline.com/
and book mark the page. soon you'll be able to shop on line.
This business is a lot harder and much more work than I thought. Doing quick books (well my husband Stu is really doing that but I'm trying to learn), ordering banners, table cloths, business cards, searching for the cheapest places to order inventory, doing inventory, designing and making Jewelry and so much more. whew..........it's tiring but very exciting. I know it will take some time to make money at this. But we are doing some great networking, and meeting some unbelievable people.
The last two weeks my running has taken a back seat to the business but I am back on track this week. Me and my partner Christine ran track (speed work)last night and I'm planning on running all 6 days and taking off Saturday for the race expo.
So for now things are going well and I'm very hopeful that my running and my new business adventure will continue to blossom and improve.
It seems people are buying more of the simple jewelry, silver and the inspirational bracelets made of quartz. Do you think the Swarovski is too fancy for runners and triathletes??
Take a look at the pictures below and weigh in on what you like. Soon I'll have some much better pictures of the Jewelry and I'd love your feed back.

For now I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes:
"THE OBSESSION WITH RUNNING IS REALLY AN OBSESSION WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR MORE AND MORE LIFE"

No comments: